Crystal Radio

I have received a number of emails regarding schematics for crystal radios. After about the third email, I figured that I may as well put one on my page. So here it is. The circuit is very simple with only 5 parts, but performs very nicely when used with the right size antenna. 

 Circut  Schematic

Part

Total Qty.

Description

Substitutions
C11Tuning Capacitor (See Notes)
D111N34 Germanium Diode
L11Loopstick Antenna (See Notes)
SPKR11Crystal Earphone
MISC1Wire, Board, Wire For Antenna, Knob For C1
Notes

  1. C1 and L1 can be bought, or salvaged from an old AM radio (which is where I got mine). You may need to experiment with the connections on L1 in order to get the best (or any) signal.
  2. You may or may not need the ground connection. I never use it and the radio usually works fine without it.
  3. The bigger the antenna, the more stations you pick up and the louder you hear them. On my radio, I get about 10 stations, 3 of which are very loud in the earphone. Of course, not everyone has room for a 60' antenna...
  4. A 47K resistor in parallel with the earphone will help properly load the detector (This suggestion from Kb8tej1@aol.com)

 Source http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/cradio.asp

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Circuit - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger